Your journey to a fulfilling career at NEW Health starts here!
NEW Health's Medical Assistant Apprenticeship Program, sponsored by Washington Association for Community Health, is a one-year, paid, on-the-job-training program that prepares students to take the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) test through the National Healthcareer Association.
This program has been approved by the State of Washington as an equivalent to a Medical Assistant-Certified (MA-C) program at a community or technical college.
NEW Health is an approved training agent for this program.
- Complete 2,000 hours of paid, on-the-job training with the support and guidance of an experienced MA coach.
- Complete 410 hours of supplemental online coursework (unpaid).
- Attend three in-person lab days with an expert instructor to practice and demonstrate mastery of hands-on technical skills.
- Log and report on-the-job hours and skill practices as required.
- If desired, trainees who complete the program may continue to advance their careers by becoming a Medical Assistant trainer.
Ready to take the first step? Apply today!
*Trainees agree to a 2-year employment commitment with NEW Health after successful completion of the training program.
Now accepting applications!
This program is brought to you by NEW Health University, committed to creating community-based education pathways for rural youth and to empower employees with training, education, and internal career pathways to strengthen our current and future healthcare workforce.