April 26, 2021
April 24th through May 1st 2021
National Infant Immunization Week (NIIW) is April 24 – May 1, 2021. Each year, NIIW celebrates the critical role vaccination plays in protecting the health of our children and families — and this year we’re reminding parents of the importance of staying up to date with routinely recommended vaccines, even during COVID-19.
As a parent, you want to protect your little one from harm. Vaccinating your child according to the recommended immunization schedule gives him or her the best protection against 14 serious childhood illnesses — like measles and whooping cough — before the age of 2.
As warmer weather brings more opportunities for in-person, physically distanced activities NEW Health encourages you to make sure your child is up to date on vaccines by ensuring that they haven’t missed any check-ups. Well-child visits are essential even during the pandemic.
You can also review the 2021 easy-to-read immunization schedule recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). If you’re pregnant, now is a great time to find a doctor for your baby and schedule a visit to discuss any questions you have about vaccines.
For more information about vaccines and the diseases they prevent, visit these resources:
- The Ultimate Babyproofing Plan: 6 Reasons to Follow CDC’s Immunization Schedule
- CDC’s vaccine website for parents and Infant Immunization FAQs
- CDC’s series of three 1-minute videos
- The Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program, which provides free vaccines to children who qualify
- The American Academy of Pediatrics’ Healthy Children websiteexternal icon
- Vaccinate Your Familyexternal icon
- The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Vaccine Education Centerexternal icon
If you have questions about vaccines, talk to your child’s doctor.
100% of the proceeds of your donations stay at NEW Health to help us continue to provide healthcare services to residents of our communities.
Dr. Michelle Parks is treating patients of all ages at our Lake Spokane Dental Clinic. New patients are welcome! Most insurance plans accepted including Medicare, Medicaid, Apple Health Plans, Delta Dental, and private insurance. To schedule an appointment please call 509-464-0002.